The poster, "That Smart Pen Sounded Like it Could Be Pretty Helpful:” A Thematic Analysis on Using Wireless Technology in the Workplace, details research on Competitive Integrated Employment (ICE). The research questions for this study were:
- Can the use of wireless or wearable technologies facilitate competitive integrated employment for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities?
- What type of technology is being used?
- Is this technology accessible?
The conclusions from the research's focus groups on ICE were to:
- Educate and influence fiscal dollars
- Support development of new technologies
- Increase awareness surrounding technology in the workplace
- Improve access and use of wireless technologies